AVIC411.com

F500BT Working Mods

Hey all I just thougt I'd throw up a list of the mods I have working on my F500BT for other 500 owners. Some of the F series mods only seem to work on 2.0 firmware/ 700,900,90 units so I figured I'd throw this up to help out other new 500 users as to what can be done. :shock:

These are all 100% working on the F500BT

Blue/Green Boxes gone on maps when not navigating (I think I just used someones data.zip that was uploaded on this forum...I don't remember manually changing the code on this one)

Disabled Key Press Beeps (deleted files from the sound directory)

Parking Brake Bypass Video Hack (Grounded green wire, did code change to 128 in the data.zip file)

Theme changed (Used Marmski's Vista them worked flawless out the box you just have to copy the image.res file to the APL directory)

Contacts/ Caller ID Fixed (Used Sql lite to change the names/ order of the contacts. Changed the numbers to 9 digit coding for AT&T caller ID)

FYI's

Blackberry Bold will conect with the unit and transfer contacts, but they will be loaded in last name first. Haven't found a work around with the phone so I just hacked the phonelist database. Bluetooth seems to work better with the echo cancel off on the F500 unit and on in the actual phone settings.

AT&T broadcast their incoming phone numbers in 9 digit format i.e 2138061414. If you're caller ID is not working change your phone numbers to this format and it will work.

[edited to add more info stuff]

Stereo Hook up and Integration:

I used a line level adapter and ground loop isolater (all in one unit) as well as a high current noise supression transformer (you can pick one up at Pepboys) in order to get all the noise out of my system coming from the F500. It also helped imensely with amping up the gain coming from the F500 to closer match that of my stereo.

Here is the layout of my system and wiring:

F500BT Power connected through the lighter adapter wired to the transformer and then to the cars ACC wire. 1/4 stereo to RCA adapter to a Peripheral PLD10 RCA signal booster/ground loop isolater to an RCA to 1/4 inch stereo adapter to the aux input on my 980BT Head Unit.

Hope this is helpful and a BIG THANK YOU to all who have contributed to this forum! :D I will add more as I update my unit. I believe I will be playing with Leetcoders launcher next.