AVIC411.com

Diesel Excursion...Help me decide

I have a 2003 diesel excursion with factory DVD entertainment system. The head unit CD player doesn't work so I'd like to update with a touch screen dvd player system. I don't want to spend a lot of money. I've been considering the AVH-P4000 which can now be had for about $300. Is this the right choice? Anything "better" in the $300s? Here are a few more questions:

(1) I have read that some units have reliability issues because the diesel interrupts the boot sequence. Every time you start the diesel you leave the key-on engine-off for about 6 seconds to heat the glow plugs before starting it. When starting, the accessory power is cut until the engine is running. Is this really an issue? At least one guy has installed a delay relay to prevent the boot ineruption.

(2) I'd like to be able to watch DVDs on both screens from either DVD player. Is this possible? The P4000 has an extra video input so I assume that will work. Does the factory entertainment system have an extra input as well?

(3) I'd like the passenger controls to work in the back seat as they do now. Is this possible? I assume that I can use the steering wheel control capabilities to do this?

(4) I definitely plan on controlling the iPod and using USB audio What is the best solution for this? aux for iPod or USB?

(5) Can I use a USB Hub to break out multiple devices?

(6) How is the HD radio? I hear it doesn't tune analog signals as well. Any truth to this? (I only listen to AM...all of this stuff is for my wife.)

Okay I'll give it a rest for now. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for a Christmas install.