AVIC411.com

Can Ipod pause instead of Mute when directions are read?

Hey everyone,

I just recentlly installed my new F90BT into Toyota Yaris 2007 and it's working great. One complaint I have, though, is that the Ipod keeps playing when a unit mutes the AV1 input. Is there a way to make the Ipod pause playback when directions are read?

I decided to settle for quieter music when directions are read but then I stumbled on another problem. When I go to AV settings, I used to be able to choose between Mute, ATT (quieter music), and Normal. Now that option is grayed out and is stuck on Mute. The manual said something about that option only being available when AV1 input is set to Off. I did set AV1 to off but the option stayed grayed out.

So two of my questions are: Can Ipod pause music when directions are read / call is received? Also, why is the Mute/ATT/Normal option is grayed out all of a sudden?

Thanks!

Its probably greyed out because you're in a source that doesn't do mute/pause or you haven't performed the bypass; try changing to FM and see if the box is lit up or pull over and hit the parking brake.

Also, you can't pause music when directions are being read, the option just isn't there. Go ahead and made that mod so the rest of us can make use of it.

Thanks guys. Ironic - I'll try what you suggested tonight, thanks!

Terrons - I'm a software engineer and know quite a bit about programming, but if I understand the pioneer software correctly, the sound coming from IGO is handled separately by another application. That application is a compiled .exe file, and those are an absolute bitch to change. I don't know assembly language well enough, especially ARM assembly, which is the type of processor the avic f-series has. I think our best guess is to hope the pioneer people will actually implement this feature in the future. I'll shoot them an email, but I'm not holding my breath.

Terrons - I'm a software engineer and know quite a bit about programming, but if I understand the pioneer software correctly, the sound coming from IGO is handled separately by another application. That application is a compiled .exe file, and those are an absolute bitch to change. I don't know assembly language well enough, especially ARM assembly, which is the type of processor the avic f-series has. I think our best guess is to hope the pioneer people will actually implement this feature in the future. I'll shoot them an email, but I'm not holding my breath.

That pretty much sums it up, I am going to say that it isn't possible in any scenario because the lazy bum that coded it probably didn't take into account that Sirius/XM/FM/AM can't be paused and therefore didn't add any hooks to allow some pauseable sources to be paused and others to be quieted