AVIC411.com

ipod video locked up, no audio?

Hello all.

I have a 90BT and a new iPod Classic 120GB

Everything was working OK, until I was playing a video and it locked up. Stuck on a single frame of the video it was playing.

Now, nothing works. The 90BT can see the ipod and it's data, but will not play. It says it is playing but there is no audio AND the timer on the track stays at 0:00

If I switch to the video, it still has the locked up screen.

I have tried disconnecting the ipod and connecting it back, but that does not solve the problem.

Restarting the 90BT has no effect neither.

HAs anyone else seen this or know what the heck is going on?

90BT has latest firmware and iPod is current as well.

Did you restart the ipod? Hold down the center click and the menu button for 20 seconds so it does a hard reset with the apple logo appearing.

You can also do a reset on the head unit, push the little reset button near the eject button with a pen, while the power is off to it.

Hook it up to a computer and make sure its working ok, try another ipod in the unit as well.

this will effectively elimiante, the ipod dock, the f series cable and any sort of issues with software settings.

I have had this sort of issue with the iphone as well, considering restarting the apple product fixes the issue, that says perhaps those products have some bugs. Granted the f series could put the ipod or whatever in some sort of safe mode, where it deactivates the interface when it detects an error. But one would think restarting the ipod automatically would happen if this were the case.

I wonder how many people think this unit is defective or has issues simply because they didn't do a reset on the ipod, unless you see the apple logo, the ipod doesn't ever restart. Instant on is a sort of sleep mode for it, then you hold down pause for several second and the screen goes blank. Dead battery or sitting in sleep for a very long time, like days is the only time i've seen it actually restart.

Restarting the ipod should be in the troubleshooting section as apart of the process, although i dont think it is. Although I don't know how obvious of a fix that was.

• 6 months later...