AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3, GPS way off!!

Hello,

I just got my D3 installed in my 06 Lexus IS250...I have the CNDV-80 Maps...it was previously installed in my 4Runner & worked flawlessly...initially, the arrow (direction) was wrong...It would show me on a highway going sideways, etc...I read here on AVIC411 that the D3 was thinking it was still installed in the old vehicle & I needed to clear that info in the 3D calibration screen (which I did) & reset the unit (which I did)...now, it's way, way off...has me travelling at 30-50 mph faster than I am w/in minutes, I'm a town or 2 over from where I should be...I don't believe my installer connected the VSS wire & I will try to have him do this asap...is there a way to recalibrate the unit after the reset? The antenna is on my dash & being that it was working before the reset (just w/the arrow direction off a little) pretty good, I thought there might be something else I could do...

Sounds like a definite VSS issue. The easiest way to check is go into your view menu. There is a custom one that allows up to see Speedometer. If you speed isnt accurate then that's the definite cause. Just have your installer hook it up correctly and your GPS will work NP.

I'll have him hook it up, when I get a chance. Thanks