AVIC411.com

OK.

Your problems lays in the mic sensitivity.

Loads of users cope with this. As did I.

Eventually I changed the mic to the old Nokia MFH-8 (?) And all is well.

As for my storm problem:

The specs of the storm state: BT version 2.0

The firmware in my storm (4.0.78) states Bluetooth software 1.1

The avic has the latest update (3)

Hey I found that Nokia HFM-8 mic online, does it plug directly into the 900BT? It looks just like the Motorola mics that come with their bluetooth systems, they are pretty good and nice and loud.

No you need to solder a 2.5 mm jack to that. (the inner two pins, not the tip)

I thought I give it a try since the mic was still there from my previous carkit install. It work a lot better and it is a much better looking mic to the eye as well.

As for the buttons.

I found when making phone calls fresh from boot, there is a HUGE delay in showing buttons, for it switches to MAP view automatically without confirming the EULA. After accepting safety instructions there doesn't seem to be this lag.

I'm running .113 on my Storm 9530... and I just installed the f90bt last night.

I paired the phone just fine, but I can't send my contacts. I followed the directions in the Pioneer manual, but when I initiate the transfer on my phone, it says it sent all of my contacts, but all I get from the f90 is a window telling me to send the card file from my phone. When I press OK, I get a "waiting..." type message with CANCEL as the only option. I've let it sit there like that for several minutes after my phone says the contacts have been transferred, but nothing ever changes.

In addition, when I try to send my contacts again, it tells me previous contacts will be overwritten, but I have no contacts when I press CONTACTS on the main screen.

Any help? Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Quick follow up on the Nokia MFH-8 mic.

It does come with a 2.5 mm jack, the same as the one Pioneer uses, but it has a twist and lock base that secures it into something from Nokia. I compared it to my Pioneer mic and the jack length was identical, so I used a breakaway knife and shaved the plastic twist lock material so that the base was flush all the way around. Plugged it into my F90BT and it worked!

Initial impressions are that it isn't that much better than the Pioneer mic. I do have it hanging by it's wire at the top of the A pillar trim so that may account for the noise I'm hearing. Unlike the Pioneer mic that clips on, you have to use double sided tape to adhere it where you want it, and I'm not going to do that until I'm sure I find the "sweet spot" for it. Both mics require me to speak at higher than normal volume--not yelling, but certainly forcefully--louder than to someone sitting next to me. So far, the Pio mic was better at recogninzing voice commands too. I'll try some different positions and post anything positive in case anyone coming along later (like I did) may find it useful.

BTW, I have it paired to a Pantech Matrix C740 phone and it's installed in an E450 Cube Van