AVIC411.com

Problems with searching by phone number

I have had my Z1 unit for about a month now and I have been having problems searching for addresses by inputting the phone number. It seems that I get to the second to last digit number of the complete telephone number and then the unit automatically inputs its own numbers that aren't correct.

Is anyone else having this problem and How do I fix it?

Thanks
Are you sure you have it set to search in the correct state? If it gets to the point where it finishes the number itself, and its not the # you want, that means that it doesn't have that business in the database.

[quote name="Cthomp04"]I have had my Z1 unit for about a month now and I have been having problems searching for addresses by inputting the phone number. It seems that I get to the second to last digit number of the complete telephone number and then the unit automatically inputs its own numbers that aren't correct.

Is anyone else having this problem and How do I fix it?

Thanks[/quote]
i have also noticed this. It seems there is a finite number of business numbers stored in the z1. if there is for example 850 555 1212 and the next number is 850 555 1222, as soon as you push that second 1 it knows that you must want that number. The problem comes when a number is new and not in the z1 or a number has changed. I would suggest against routing to a far away destination based just on the number. try calling that number to make sure its still accurate.
[quote name="Cthomp04"]This information helps a lot.

So I am assuming the Z1 can't locate a residential addresses by the telephone number??[/quote]
Unfortunately no. Honestly though, with number portability (this doesn't just pertain to cell phone #'s), and people moving, numbers change all the time.
When they advertise 11 million points of interest, it doesn't include residential.