AVIC411.com

Serious issues with volume nob

Newbie here...

So I've had my 900bt since August. I've pretty much experienced all the problems everyone else has with this unit but have more or less just learned to live with them...but here's a new one that needs a fix: I installed the 2.0 firmware update as well as the bluetooth update. Everything worked fine for the past few weeks. But all of a sudden last night when I started my car, I turned down the volume nob and the radio stations started changing...I turned it down again and just as the volume number went down, it went right back up so I kept turning it down but it kept going up and up and up till it hit about 60. At that point I hit the reset button with my stylus and waited for the reboot. Once it rebooted I went to play my ipod...that started to play fine until I adjusted the volume again...and the same thing happened...it switched to the radio stations back and forth to the ipod and then automatically increased in volume...basically it had a mind of its own. I reset it one more time and this time didn't touch anything. After about two minutes of leaving it on the home screen and not touching it...it again automatically started changing channels and volume.

I've pulled it out of the dash, unplugged all the cables and tried it again...same problem. Basically I can't drive anywhere for more than two minutes without it automatically changing stations, volume, etc without leaving the whole thing completely unplugged. I have no idea what to do other than taking a hammer to it...

yes I do...it's the pac swi-ps. That has worked totally fine until last night and now that is completely unresponsive. Nothing happens when I hit any of the steering wheel controls. It's just when I turn the volume nob that things start happening. I'm still trying to trouble shoot the problem and think I have narrowed down the problem. While the radio stations change randomly and the volume increases on it's own...the gps and bluetooth still work fine. I can view the map and it gives me directions just fine and I can make and receive phone calls...but it's the "media" portion of the unit that is having problems. Maybe software related???