AVIC411.com

Modding non-iGO screens

I apologize if this has already been discussed but I have been reading and searching everywhere and can't seem to find anything about modding/hacking individual AV Source screens.

I want mess with the HD audio scource screen to see if I can get the presets labels to show up and/or to have preset buttons at the bottom of the "detail" screen for individual stations.

Seems easy enough in theory to add buttons that already exist, but I have no idea where to begin looking for editable code for these Pioneer screens.

That said, my guess is that the script for Pioneer screens are compiled unlike the iGo screens, which is why nobody has been trying/discussing things like that already.

However, if I've completely missed a topic on this or someone has an idea on where I could start, your help would be MUCH appreciated.

In case my rambling didn't make any sense, I made a quick 'n dirty image of what I'd like to do in addition to getting preset labels to show up for HD Radio. Thanks to Paradriod for having the AV screenshot I needed already posted (albiet in German) which I borrowed (hope you don't mind). Thanks!

post-21236-12872756325063_thumb.jpg

I want mess with the HD audio scource screen to see if I can get the presets labels to show up and/or to have preset buttons at the bottom of the "detail" screen for individual stations.

It's very interest, and I need these preset buttons too. But I havn't any idea how to make it. :(

Your assumption is correct, the software that controls that portion is a compiled executable, and so far no one has managed to make any modifications to it.

There are maybe two people that publicly post on this forum that have both the skill and tools to make those changes, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Every single AV screen on the F-Series needs to be reworked. They all waste tremendous amounts of real estate with redundant information, and they are all designed for use with a stylus, and not a finger.

I would be pretty embarrassed if I were Pioneer and this is the best I could do.

Very nice, that looks great in your Alfa!

I would rely on the preset scroll button, but it doesn't work correctly (at least for XM).

If you have the following presets:

9   20    30    50    60

and you're on channel 22 and push the preset up button it will go to channel 9 instead of 30. If you're on channel 22 and push down it will go to channel 60 instead of 20.

skicrave: Thanks for clearing that up regarding the AV screens being in compiled executable. Also, I fully agree about all of the AV screens needing to be reworked.

paradriod: I apologize for completely botching the assumption there on the language. Clearly, I don't know my European tongues.

BTW, nice Alfa! Don't see too many of those in the States.

I also use the P.CH buttons for now, but it would be nice to skip past stations at times. Also, for the HD Radio source (not sure if that exists in Europe), the AVIC registers multiple clicks for that button fairly often. At a certain point, this gets frustrating enough that I go to the Preset list (which again for HD Radio doesn't have any labels) and no longer get the nice detail about the station/signal.

Paradriod, I dont think anyone mentioned it yet, but thats a clean ride and set up you got there.

awesome.

TY :) It's a Peugeot 307CC (the grand-grand-randson of the car lieutenent Columbo drove ;) )

I use the ca.r.pi 161 steering wheel interface

Here in europe we don't have XM (or any other satradio) only FM and AM . There's DAB (Digital audio broadcast) but almost no one has it

We only have a few radio stations , we mostly stick to 1 radio station and a CD so the presets aren't often used anyway

In the .res files (these are zipped archives, you can unzip them ) you can change the layout of these screens in .pnd files .

I changed the colour in the image.res , I think the layouts are in main.res (not at home , have to check)

The layout files look a bit like xml files , but without line breaks . Some of the objects correspondent with the numbers given to the images .

Paradriod, I dont think anyone mentioned it yet, but thats a clean ride and set up you got there.

awesome.

TY :) It's a Peugeot 307CC (the grand-grand-randson of the car lieutenent Columbo drove ;) )

Here in europe we don't have XM (or any other satradio) only FM and AM . There's DAB (Digital audio broadcast) but almost no one has it

We only have a few radio stations , we mostly stick to 1 radio station and a CD so the presets aren't often used anyway

In the .res files (these are zipped archives, you can unzip them ) you can change the layout of these screens in .pnd files .

I changed the colour in the image.res , I think the layouts are in main.res (not at home , have to check)

The layout files look a bit like xml files , but without line breaks . Some of the objects correspondent with the numbers given to the images .

hey it looks great but does this only change the color or the buttons as well because I primarily speak english and those buttons are flemish. Also i was kind of looking to change them to a red color. thats possible with your attachment?

awesome.

Awesome, I'm 0 for 2 (language and car). We don't get Peugeots in the US either.

If I understand you correctly, however, I think you're saying the layout, at the very least, could be modded by unzipping the .res files?