AVIC411.com

Pairing more than one phone?

Hi all, this is my first post. This site is incredible, so in advance, thanks for all the great information! I've done a lot of reading, including the FAQs and stickies before asking any questions.

My first question is: Is it possible to pair more than one phone to the F700? Both my wife and I have iPhones and she is rather disappointed that only mine is paired to make and receive calls.

Is there ANY way to have more than one phone working on the bluetooth?

Rob

You just go through the same procedure to pair the second phone. Unit saves contacts from the phone in a file with a unique name (based off of Bluetooth MAC address) so it knows which contact list to show.

Whichever phone connects to the unit first should be active.

• 2 weeks later...
The F-Series will choose which phone to link with depending on the pairing order, so the first phone paired will have higher priority over the second phone.

I don't believe this is accurate. My experience is telling me that if you have two phones paired and both are set to auto-connect, then, if both phones are present at startup, it will auto-connect with the last one it was connected with. At least, this has been my experience. For example (based not so loosely on my setup):

Paired 1st; in 1st Position: Verizon Motorola Razr v3c (with correct firmware for OBEX) set to auto connect.

Paired 2nd; in 2nd Position: AT&T RIM BlackBerry 8800 set to auto connect.

What I would like: If only one phone is in the car, auto connect to that phone. If both phones are the car, auto connect to the Razr.

What happens in practice: If only one phone is in the car, it auto connects to that phone. If the last phone to be connected was the Razr, then if both phones are in the car, it auto-connects to the Razr. If the last phone to be connected was the BB, it auto-connects to the BB.

Is there somewhere in the software where I can manipulate the code or setup to get this to work as described above under "what I would like"?

Thanks.

--Mav