AVIC411.com

F150 Install Help

I'm in the middle of researching the same thing. Pin 14 on the larger radio harness is your speed sensor feed. The stock radio uses this for the Auto volume function. I'll post back when I find more info. I have wiring pdf's but i don't remember the websites that I got them from. I basically looked up the Ford Can bus wiring diagrams and the metra kit that goes to the f150. Once you have the pinouts the rest will come to you.

I finally installed it last night. Not a bad install, just a little more involved than my 9800bt. You will find the reverse sensor wire in the kick panel by your left shin. It's black/pink and will be in a bundle of about 15 wires running vertically. Pin 14 is definitely the speed sensor wire on the radio wiring harness. I had absolutely no issues with the hardware bypass. Also you can mount your antenna on the metal frame above the radio right under the rectangular change holder on the top dash (the 6"X8" rubber pad). I have great reception. I hope this helps.

Just to make sure I understand... You can leave the gps receiver inside the dash? I routed mine out but I want to try it that way now. Where are you guys installing the mic? I'd like to run it up to the overhead console but that could be tough.

Ps, also just installed on my '06 f150. My deck is a 700 without backup cam so I didn't have to find the VSS or backup wires.

i installed my mic above the rear view mirror.

between the mirror and the roof facing me..it works for me..i would say it works 90% of the time.

i installed the gps antenna on the dash by the vin ##..it works good

my deck is 900 no back cam yet

i have the cam but i am trying to figure out from where should i run the cable back

2005 f150 lariat 4 doors

pioneer f900bt

My GPS receiver is directly above the radio attached to the metal subframe. My thinking is the huge amount of metal there aids in reception. There is no metal above the unit. I also put my mic in the same place that my previous mic was and that's at the top of the driver's side a pillar.