AVIC411.com

WTF!! IPOD Video Fucked up my D3

I just got my D3 installed about 5 hours ago. I've been messing with it on and off since then. I've been setting up my bluetooth and POI's and all the little shit. Meanwhile i've been listening to the radio/ipod on and off the whole time.

So I go to watch some music videos from my ipod, and all of a sudden the ipod and D3 screen flicker for a second, then the ipod continues to play, but the D3 (coming outa the speakers) starts making a crackling noise, so I turned the car off, wait a minute then back on. The D3 turns on....then turns off then on then off. So I said fuck whatever i've done with the settings, and I reset the D3 with the ignition to off.

Then I turned it back on, it came on fine but the sound of the beep noise when you touch the screen was VERY soft. So i checked the volume and it was at a normal setting but just coming out of the speakers very soft. Then outa nowhere it turns off again, then on then off. WTF just happen to my system!!!??????

PS

When this happened the video never came up on the screen, the audio was coming out fine before it started freakin out on me...but this is what it said "use Ipod for full operation" and the screen stays black. I have it bypassed and the ipod cable is plugged in. The audio is good and it charges the ipod, the video just doesn't show up on the screen.

I didn't check. I actually didn't know about that function either, I wish I did, that could of prevented me going to the next video, which is when this problem started.. Thx for letting me know though. But as of now....the video coming up on the screen is no longer a problem. I'm more concrened about getting my D3 to work like it did before.

FUCK!!!!

I was sooooooooo fucking stoked to enjoy my new unit.

I was having so much fun setting everything up. :(

Well....hahaha...i'm an idiot.

After playing with the D3 for a few hours when I first got it. I didn't have the car running :roll: . So that whole time, it was draining the battery. :oops: HA

So the whole problem was that the battery was able to give enough power to the D3 to turn on, but not allowing it to stay on. Therefore resulting in the unit turning on and off.

So my battery was dead. I jumped it, then took the dash apart, hooked everything back up.....and it all came back on with no problems at all.

It's now running like theres nothing wrong WITH THE D3 HEADUNIT itself.

All is well...later!! 8)

• 4 weeks later...