AVIC411.com

Firmware WISHLIST for F-Series. Please contribute!

I've owned my F700BT for a few weeks now, and it's clear, with the 2.0 update, that there are still some obvious things that could be added. I'll start off...

1.) Please fix the occasional iPod not connected that happens when you start the car. (To fix it, I have to unplug my iPod and re-plug it in).

2.) Please fix the appalling Bluetooth implementation:

a.) My music should PAUSE, not be muted, when a call comes in.

b.) I should be able to adjust the volume from the volume dial when on a call, not having to take my eyes off the road to push those tiny volume touch-screen buttons that change the volume in HUGE increemnts!

3.) Those annoying beeps when using steering wheel controls or pushing soft buttons on the touch-screen. (Yes, there's a hack to fix this, but not everyone is that savvy. I'm grateful I am because I would have returned the AVIC if I could not have fixed this.)

4.) Screen OFF shortcut key, so at night or at any point you can just turn the unit's display off. (I realize with the handbrake mod, you can access the system menu to do it, but I'm talking about doing it safely, and from an easier-to-access menu).

5.) If I pause my music before turning off my car, please remember that setting! My iPod always starts playing when the AVIC boots up regardless of whether I paused the music before shutting it down.

Please add your wishes, guys... or if there are workarounds for any of these, please post them too. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Needs

7) Hiss at low volume

8) TTS

9) Freeze at startup if you press the voice control to quick

10)General quickness/button lag

11) When it says some is calling when i get a text

12) inabilty to enter a country road address with range roads

13) More POI

14) branded POI

15) ipod album art is poor on unit

Wants

16) cover flow

17) better ipod intergation

18) quicker back cam

The cover art from my new latest-gen iPod Nano is great on my F700BT. It looked VERY pixely on my 1st gen 2GB Nano on the AVIC, so I think this will be iPod dependent.

I have tried a ipod classic 80 and 120, 3rd gen nano, 4th gen nano, 2nd gen nano, ipod touch gen 1 and 2 and my old school 30gb all with the same result.

The cover art from my new latest-gen iPod Nano is great on my F700BT. It looked VERY pixely on my 1st gen 2GB Nano on the AVIC, so I think this will be iPod dependent.

I have tried a ipod classic 80 and 120, 3rd gen nano, 4th gen nano, 2nd gen nano, ipod touch gen 1 and 2 and my old school 30gb all with the same result.

Well that's odd. The first time I had my 1st gen Nano installed, my wife said she thought the cover art looked awful, especially when zoomed in by tapping it. By switching to a 4th gen 16GB Nano with the SAME music, it's MILES better. Got any pictures you can post here so I can see if they look like mine?

Wants:

-More color options to the icons to match the dash buttons.

(red) instead of white texts

-Changing sound files to something less annoying and more subtle.

-TTS voice needs to be changed to something easy on the ears.

Samantha is too robotic.

-Find a way to separate the maps up so the unit doesn't load maps we don't need. (possible faster boot up?)