AVIC411.com

Ipod Classic Video Issue on F700BT

Hi Artffuldodger,

I have the exact same problem with with 2nd gen iPod Classic (120 gb). I posted this issue several times but no one responded, so I thought I was the only one with this issue.

Can you tell me what cable your using for the connection? I was gonna purchase the pioneer cable to see if that works better. Thanks.

my problem with my classic 30 gig video is that no matter how many videos I put on it.. when I go to the menu movies.. the only movie that will work is the first one on the list.. and Ive changed it around, erased videos, and it's whatever is the first movie is the only oen that plays

based on the "ipod compatibility chart" located here:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... VIC-F900BT

The 30 gig Ipod Video isnt a "supported" model.

:x

I have a different issue. Im running a 30gig Ipod Video model, version 1.3, model number ma446LL. (looking at the settings info on my Ipod). My music and videos play just fine, but when I select a specific video, any random video starts to play, NOT what I selected. WTF

I have a different issue. Im running a 30gig Ipod Video model, version 1.3, model number ma446LL. (looking at the settings info on my Ipod). My music and videos play just fine, but when I select a specific video, any random video starts to play, NOT what I selected. WTF

well thanks a lot.. I have the same, a 30 gig video.. and itll play the specified video but the specified video has to be the first in a group of videos to play.. the other videos wont play, only the first one, its weird

well thanks a lot.. I have the same, a 30 gig video.. and itll play the specified video but the specified video has to be the first in a group of videos to play.. the other videos wont play, only the first one, its weird

Try loading up one of the ones that doesn't play and press right on the knob. That worked for me.

Try loading up one of the ones that doesn't play and press right on the knob. That worked for me.

I'll try this as well. I'll also experiment with turning off shuffle mode and see what happens.

Did another test. Started a video in a playlist, and started a video not in a playlist. If I selected the FIRST video, the FIRST video played. If I selected any video OTHER than the first video, whatever video played was random. Forgot to test with shuffle mode off.

Also..again..jhff: have you tried putting several videos in a playlist, and ensuring that the Itunes setting for each video does NOT have the "skip this track when shuffling" box checked?

Just thought I'd put an update to my own post.

My issue was more user error.

At one time, I could NOT get my music videos to play in sequence on the Ipod or on my old D3. Any video playlist would result in a playback of video "1 of 1". This occurred on two different 30gig Video Ipods last year. My workaround was to uncheck the "skip this selection during shuffle mode" box for each music video.

When I updgraded to the F900, having that box checked resulted in random videos actually playing whenever I'd select a specific video. Meaning, if I selected video "a", video "m" (or N..or C..or Z) would playback.

I found that turning off shuffle mode on the ipod cured this..or better yet..checking the "skip this selection during shuffle mode" box for each music video.

Now my video function on the Ipod and Avic work exactly as intended