AVIC411.com

AVIC-N2 w/ N3 software - possible? any problems after?

As mentioned earlier on the forums, no problems with upgrading. Newer maps, buttons look a little different, and menu is a brighter shade of blue. It will NOT give you an improved XM or Ipod display

[quote name="Genius - est. 82"]Just wondering if anyone is using the N3 software on an N2? If so, is there anything I should expect if I were to go that route? Also, what differences do you notice between the N2 and the N3's GUI? Thanks[/quote]
The mapping is improved in CA. They also added signboards at the top of the screen at freeway interchanges, as well as lane information in some cities (it highlights the lanes you need to be in.) They also added more cities with detailed metro mapping but that would only help you if you live in one of those cities

[quote name="Genius - est. 82"]Nice, thanks for the reply. I'm more interested in the quality of the maps for the navigation rather than the XM or iPod functions. Sooo, anything noticeably new considering the graphics when using navigation? arrows, icons, roads etc.[/quote]
There are no "special" features of the 100ii. The 100 and 100II work the same. If you put the newer software in your n2, you will get newer maps, the new GUI with buttons that look a little different, and menu is a brighter shade of blue. Your Ipod interface will not change at all

[quote name="madmanfrommars"]Lets assume that I have an AVIC-n2. Assume also that I have the CD-IB100II. With the N2 I don't get the special features of the IB100II, but if I upgrade the software to the n3 level, do I get the IB100II features?[/quote]