AVIC411.com

A little fun..........

Go for it. What did you think of the oog I put in? I did edit out my last name before posting. Didn't want everyone to hear Mr. Smith so I took Smith out.

was not able to download it as internet connection here at work is very limited, i'll check it out when i get home

Did you get your unit?

That ogg file was damn funny!

Please post the code you put in your start.ui file.

Here is what I put in my info.ini file. I am going to put it in today and try it.

[iNFO]

;TTS Nuance

voicekey="tts_nua_eng_us_f1"

languagekey="english US"

languagename="English (US)"

lang_extention_flag=""

cmlangkey="Voice_English-us"

sex="female"

name="Samantha (TTS) v1.87082"

flag="flag_usa.bmp"

testsound="Kiss loves you, rock and roll."

unitssup_kmm=1

unitssup_mly=1

unitssup_mlf=1

tmcsup=1

tts_destnames=1

phoneme_lang="ENU"

tts_engine="nuance"

ttsvoice=1

tts_rate=50

tts_srate="11025"

;11025, 16000, 22050

tts_mode_mixed=0

roadnameparsing=-1

tts_langname="American English"

tts_voicename="Samantha"

recalulate="You're not listening to me."

ask_recalulate="Off route! Recalculate?"

offroute="Off route!"

traffic_jam="Traffic jam ahead."

overspeed="You're driving too fast, slow down."

gps_signal_lost="GPS signal lost."

gps_disconnect="GPS disconnected."

LCID=0x0409

brand="Pioneer"

timestamp="1240483308"

timestamp_readable="2009. 04. 23. 10:41:48"

uh..I already did. Go back up seven or eight posts and re-read where I mentioned in start.ui........

I won't post what's in my info.ini, but put this way when I picked up my 30 year old niece from downtown Chicago last weekend, she nearly peed in her pants when it re-calculated. She wanted me to put it her her Garmin. Sorry no can do, hun. ha ha

uh..I already did. Go back up seven or eight posts and re-read where I mentioned in start.ui........

I won't post what's in my info.ini, but put this way when I picked up my 30 year old niece from downtown Chicago last weekend, she nearly peed in her pants when it re-calculated. She wanted me to put it her her Garmin. Sorry no can do, hun. ha ha

I saw the below info, but don't know how I forgot about it. I must have been tired. Sorry about that.

In the start.ui file in the section, I added playsound "welcome"

Did you put the playsound command inside the

I will try it out.

I am going to change my test sound. Maybe to something like Is this loud enough yet. What are you deaf?

The Kiss was just not cutting it.

I can't have anything vulgar because my wife and 5 year old son are with me very often.

I changed my recalulate to "Dave, You're not listening to me." (my first name is Dave, actually David)

I saw the below info, but don't know how I forgot about it. I must have been tired. Sorry about that.

In the start.ui file in the section, I added playsound "welcome"

Did you put the playsound command inside the

I updated the post on page one. To answer your question, add the playsound stuff after the

Hope it's clearer to you now.

I updated the post on page one. To answer your question, add the playsound stuff after the

Perfectly clear and very easy. Thanks once again.

Now I just have to find something I like for my startup, or make my own. I was thinking of putting a reminder to get my cell phone because I am not a big talker so I sometimes forget it, but I do need it for my business.

Is there anyway to have Samantha say "have a nice trip..." when you put in a route??? I got everything else to work... But its just kind of lame to have to go to testsound to hear "have a nice trip, drive carefully".... My handheld navi would say this everytime I put in a destination. Can this be done with out Avics?

Is there anyway to have Samantha say "have a nice trip..." when you put in a route??? I got everything else to work... But its just kind of lame to have to go to testsound to hear "have a nice trip, drive carefully".... My handheld navi would say this everytime I put in a destination. Can this be done with out Avics?

Well of course it can. I had to play with it a little to get it in the zip in the right script.

Here's what I did, in the navigatemap.ui file located in the common ui folder. Find this section and add 20 VOICEMODEL_PLAYTESTVOICE. Here it is my file:

Then in route.ui add the same 20 VOICEMODEL_PLAYTESTVOICE script in the section below:

I've only done limited testing on this but the first one in the navigate.ui file is triggered when you set a route in plan mode either through a direct address input, poi selection, history selection or favorite selection.

The addition to the route.ui file is for a route selection through the load route button in the route menu. These would be the saved routes if you have any. The 20 before the play sound is just a delay. Use a larger number if want to delay it more or a lesser number or none at all for less of a delay.

Mind you, my zip is based on stanislovovich/anrd2000 zip for 3.0 and above. If you're not running their zip or one based on theirs you may not have the same scripts.

It works but if it goes through a route recalculation, it no longer says "route recalculation" just "have a nice trip" again.

Yep, you're right. The same thing happened to me when I went off route yesterday. I searched for another place to put it and have not been to come up with anything that bypasses the route recalculation. I took it off of mine for now as I'd rather have the recalculation notice and not a repeat of have a nice trip.

You had mentioned you have hand helds that say it. Do they run off of IGO? Do you have a Data.zip for it?

Perfectly clear and very easy. Thanks once again.

Now I just have to find something I like for my startup, or make my own. I was thinking of putting a reminder to get my cell phone because I am not a big talker so I sometimes forget it, but I do need it for my business.

Well I tried this but for some reason it did not work for me. I did not get any startup (welcome) sound.

I opened my data.zip file (I am using Diaftia's v2.1 mod). I then went into ui_pioneer\common\ui and open the START.UI file. I went to the section and added the code like below:

I also made a welcome.ogg file and put that in the data.zip audio folder as you can see by the attached picture. I tested with the 100kph speedcam warning file making a copy of it then renaming it to welcome.ogg and that did not work either.

post-32782-1287276058354_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...