AVIC411.com

A little fun..........

Excuse me if something like this has been posted.

I was searching through the voice files and came across the info.ini file in Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1.zip folder.

Within the file the following line appears:

testsound="Have a nice trip, drive carefully."

Just for kicks I changed it read:

testsound="Yo big mama, have a nice trip, and remember to always drive carefully and expect the unexpected."

It worked!! The much hated Samatha read the line perfectly. Didn't try to add any swear words but thought it was cool nonetheless.

It would be cool if someone were able to. Unfortunately I have no programming skills nor work in the computer industry. The little things I've done to my unit was from reading this forum and going over the parts that interest my over and over until I felt comfortable to play around. The changes I made I applied a little at a time so I would be able to easily reverse what caused problems.

I did copy my flash disk as a fall back, but haven't had to resort to it.

The real heroes in this forum are the programmers who have aided in helping out so very many people.

• 11 months later...
It would be cool if someone were able to. Unfortunately I have no programming skills nor work in the computer industry. The little things I've done to my unit was from reading this forum and going over the parts that interest my over and over until I felt comfortable to play around. The changes I made I applied a little at a time so I would be able to easily reverse what caused problems.

I did copy my flash disk as a fall back, but haven't had to resort to it.

The real heroes in this forum are the programmers who have aided in helping out so very many people.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead.

I've been working on this the last few days and so far what I figured out is we need to have a valid setting in sys.txt to be able to add a welcome message.

Here's a start that did not work

In sys.txt

[sound.announcer]

gps_signal_connected=1

In the ttx file

gps_signal_connected="Welcome Mister Jim Shoe"

If someone has the ability ro decompile the ezrider maybe they can find a valid command regarding a connected gps signal..

I've been working on this the last few days and so far what I figured out is we need to have a valid setting in sys.txt to be able to add a welcome message.

In sys.txt

[sound.announcer]

gps_signal_connected=1

In the ttx file

If someone has the ability ro decompile the ezrider maybe they can find a valid command regarding a connected gps signal..

I'm not sure if there's an announceable event on specifically acquiring the signal (since this is assumed to be the normal operating condition.

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=54015 only lists gps_disconnected=1 and gps_signal_lost=1.

Although... you probably could use a watch on gps status in one of UI files (probably start.ui or something like that that is always loaded) to do PLAYSOUND command on gps status change...

In sys.txt

[sound.announcer]

gps_signal_connected=1

In the ttx file

I'm not sure if there's an announceable event on specifically acquiring the signal (since this is assumed to be the normal operating condition.

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=54015 only lists gps_disconnected=1 and gps_signal_lost=1.

Although... you probably could use a watch on gps status in one of UI files (probably start.ui or something like that that is always loaded) to do PLAYSOUND command on gps status change...

how about adding a script in the start .ui, something like

runif gps.valid "playsound"

just make sure that it would only execute once once

Thanks for the ideas Boris & IDT. We might be able to tie a script to a .oog file to have some crazy homer simpson saying or anything else. It'll need to be somewhat generic since it can be publicly distributed in data.zips.

BTW - My head is spinning from looking at all those entries in the link for sys.txt settings. WOW

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to this today.

In the start.ui file in the section, I added playsound "welcome"

I also added an oog file of a couple of Homer Simpson sayings in the audio folder. The oog file plays immediately after the startup message goes away. Be sure that the file name without extension is the same that's in quotation marks after playsound.

EDIT****12/8 to show in script form how it's formatted in my file. The playsound is added after the tag

I also added an oog file of a couple of Homer Simpson sayings in the audio folder. The oog file plays immediately after the startup message goes away. Be sure that the file name without extension is the same that's in quotation marks after playsound.

good job,

good job,

Thanks, IDT.

It's actually pretty funny. Here's the oog file I merged together for the message. As the title says........a little fun.

welcome message.zip

Thanks, IDT.

It's actually pretty funny. Here's the oog file I merged together for the message. As the title says........a little fun.

here's a suggestion, how about having an on/off setting for it?

Good suggestion, but I'm okay with it as is for now. It only comes on at initial boot up. With the 500, I use standby a lot, so it does not need to boot up every time I go somewhere..

Good suggestion, but I'm okay with it as is for now. It only comes on at initial boot up. With the 500, I use standby a lot, so it does not need to boot up every time I go somewhere..

i think i'll include this on skin 3 with a setting to select different welcome greetings

Go for it. What did you think of the oog I put in? I did edit out my last name before posting. Didn't want everyone to hear Mr. Smith so I took Smith out.