AVIC411.com

Dear Friends,

I have a serious problem. I've just bought my Pioneer F900bt and having read many posts in the forum I just wanted to update the map files in IGO.

My machine is an European F900BT unit running on 1.9 original firmware.

Before proceeding I wanted to take full backup of the unit so downloaded the test mode file.

Having received the error message about Map DBInfo I edited the contentt of the file to read as

Area: EW

IntegrationVersion: 01.000600

BaseContents: content_v142

lang: lang_data_download_080630

voice: voice_data_download_080707

to be compatible with the European models otherwise the testfile awas for US models only.

Then I was able to boot into win CE. When I tried to copy the My Flashdisk contents to my storage I received "Not enough space" error. The card was 2GB. I tried the same thing with a 8GB card but the same. Then after giving up I tried to copy file by file and copied (sure copied but not deleted) Ezrider from IGO folder to storage card. That was it. Then rebooted. But since then my machine won't boot.

When I turn the ignition on there is only a blank screen and there's no way I can pass that. I'm sure I have not deleted anything but suspect that

the MapDBinfo file from the US testmode zip replaced my original one and changing the area from US to EW is not the best thing to do as instructed in the forum.

I've not tried to reload 1.9 update but having checked the contents of the zip file MapDBinfo is not in the original firmware anyway so if that is causing the problem then 1.p reflash shouldn't be a solution.

Is there someone who can help me with this since I have just made my 2 days old machine into a mess. Please help. :cry: