AVIC411.com

is this my parking brake wire

also i'm trying to ground the parking brake wire after best buy installed it and said no they couldnt ground it for me. So the green wire that i found ( that i assume is the parking brake wire) has been installed deep into my dash along side a pink wire. does this change what i need to do?

Nope

snip the green wire about 8 inches from the radio, solder (or use the connector pictured below) the end still attached to the radio to the ground cable. If you don't have a soldering iron, use this:

quick_splice.jpg

This alone will not work for the hardware or software bypass. If hardware, you need to ground another wire and all that can be read in the thread in this forum. If software, you have some config files to change.

By the way, tape up the other green end now hanging loose so you don't blow something up

I got the parking wire grounded and i also tried to move the mute wire. After the best buy install, the mute wire was connected to a brown wire. I undid this and ground the mute wire. I covered up the remaining brown wire. not sure if i did everything correctly but for the parking wire is grounded. My only problem now is, my ipod makes sounds like a CD skipping. Does this have to do with my mute wire at all. I have checked and rechecked everything for the ipod but it still makes the noise. Its only the ipod too, not anything on the radio. any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...