AVIC411.com

Map Version - 1.000600 versus 1.000800

I just installed my F700 this past weekend. Before booting into test mode for the first time, I checked out the firmware versions that were installed.

Firmware version was 2.00000.

Map version was 1.000800.

I booted into testmode. Checked some things out. Then I rebooted without SD card. I checked my firmware versions again and it looked like my map version changed to 1.000600.

Is this just a cosmetic thing? Did this change any thing significant?

In testmode.zip, the following file: \MiTACAP\APL2\iGo\content\MapDBInfo.txt contains a reference to 01.000600.

Does this file get copied to the avic during that initial copy in testmode?

Can you guys please check your map versions and see if anyone has 1.000800?

Thanks.

Edge

Hmmm.. Looks like we are caught in a catch 22.

The MapDBInfo.txt file currently being circulated in the testmode.zip file contains Map version 1.000600. So whenever you go into testmode to try and get the original MapDBInfo.txt (which has the 1.000800 version), before you get a chance to copy it to your sd card, the testmode process overwrites the 1.000800 file with the 1.000600 file. Lovely.

Not sure if there is any difference what soever, but as I am sure many of you, I always like to have the latest and greatest.

Any ideas on how we can get a copy of the 1.000800 MapDBInfo.txt file?