AVIC411.com

HOW TO REINSTALL UPDATE (re-done step by step)

Things you need:

2gb SD card

Laptop/PC

Steps:

1.)copy the Igo folder on your actual Avic unit MyFlash/APL2

2.)Move this folder onto you computer. (You will need the space 1.56gb is the size of Igo Folder)

3.)Put the testmode and Metacap folders on SD

4.)Also put the LPUE080

5.)Put the card with the above files in your Avic and start it up.

6.)Go back to the My flash Drive and (DELETE ALL FILES)even after selecting all and deleting,two popped up on me but i went back re-selected these and deleted them

7.)navigate back to the Storage Card

8.)Open the LPUE080 folder

9.)go to LPUE080/APL/find the application that say "UPDATE"

10.)double click or hit run

11.)goes through the regular update process(takes like 10 mins)

12.)Unit restarts and is still in testmode

13.)Remove SD (but make sure your car is still running and in testmode)

14.)Put SD card in computer and delete ALL FILES

15.)now copy back the Igo file which you moved to your computer in step 1

16.)now put your sd card in your avic(which is still running and in testmode)

17.)go to storage card

18.)select the Igo file and cut it

19.) No go back and open My Flash/APL2 and select the old iGo file and delete it.

20.)Now copy and paste the iGo file which you cut from your storage card and paste it in the APL2 folder

21.)Close out of windows and shut off car

22.)remove SD

23.)start back up and finish the TTS part of the upgrade.

!!!!!!!!!YOU'RE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also this made my TTS come back even after it dissapeared from options. :roll::D

Another user has a bunch of files uploaded on the folling link: http://66.59.250.9:8000/

username: avic

password: leave blank

Keep in mind the back up file took 15 hours to download from the site.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things you need:

2gb SD card

Laptop/PC

Steps:

1.)copy the Igo folder on your actual Avic unit MyFlash/APL2

2.)Move this folder onto you computer. (You will need the space 1.56gb is the size of Igo Folder)

3.)Put the testmode and Metacap folders on SD

4.)Also put the LPUE080

5.)Put the card with the above files in your Avic and start it up.

6.)Go back to the My flash Drive and (DELETE ALL FILES)even after selecting all and deleting,two popped up on me but i went back re-selected these and deleted them

7.)navigate back to the Storage Card

8.)Open the LPUE080 folder

9.)go to LPUE080/APL/find the application that say "UPDATE"

10.)double click or hit run

11.)goes through the regular update process(takes like 10 mins)

12.)Unit restarts and is still in testmode

13.)Remove SD (but make sure your car is still running and in testmode)

14.)Put SD card in computer and delete ALL FILES

15.)now copy back the Igo file which you moved to your computer in step 1

16.)now put your sd card in your avic(which is still running and in testmode)

17.)go to storage card

18.)select the Igo file and cut it

19.) No go back and open My Flash/APL2 and select the old iGo file and delete it.

20.)Now copy and paste the iGo file which you cut from your storage card and paste it in the APL2 folder

21.)Close out of windows and shut off car

22.)remove SD

23.)start back up and finish the TTS part of the upgrade.

!!!!!!!!!YOU'RE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also this made my TTS come back even after it dissapeared from options. :roll::D

Hey,

Great post! Before I found this post I pretty much did this entire process without backing up the IGO file mentioned in step 1. Now my unit starts up and gets stuck on the splash screen BUT after a few seconds I can click the menu button and it will go to the menu (however, there is absolultely no sound or feedback and I can't access any other menu's other than the system settings menu). If I click the map button, the navi warning pops up and the system freezes...I've tried reinstalling over and over and the update runs fine but I don't have that original IGO file.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions how to get over this little hump?...I don't want to ship my unit back to pioneer :(

Thanks!

Even after compressing the file, its 1.54gb. Dont know where or host to host it share. ANY IDEAS??

Hey,

I found a great site at http://www.pipebytes.com

It doesn't restrict uploads or downloads in terms of size but I think it may restrict the speeds. I can get a "speedpass" to increase the upload/download speed though. Let me know if you'd like to go that route...

Thanks a bunch btw. I'm going nuts with no music and my radio restarting every few seconds :(

Even after compressing the file, its 1.54gb. Dont know where or host to host it share. ANY IDEAS??

Hey,

I found a great site at http://www.pipebytes.com

It doesn't restrict uploads or downloads in terms of size but I think it may restrict the speeds. I can get a "speedpass" to increase the upload/download speed though. Let me know if you'd like to go that route...

Thanks a bunch btw. I'm going nuts with no music and my radio restarting every few seconds :(

Im trying it right now but its gonna take a while. looks like a couple hours. hahaha

i have the same problem. have you managed to upload the files so i can download. thank you

Hey,

I haven't heard back from nbdew02 yet but it's a huge file and hosting it is a pain. Depending on the site that he uploads it, there may be a download limit. If there is a d/l limit, I'll rehost the file so you can grab it too. Hopefully this will fix both our problems.

I let it run on my laptop all night, yet when i woke up a message saying time to download had expired. I will try again today. Its kinda frustrating me. :evil:

oh! lol, once you select the file and click send file it gives you a code or URL that u can post or PM me with. If u send me that I can D/L the file as you upload it which will probably take some time anyway. That's why the d/l time expired. Sorry for not pointing that out earlier :oops:

I only tried the URL method. Another user wants me to delete everything but the content folder????

You can send me the URL once you click send file. Or just just select code and send me the code...your choice. Other than that, I'm not really tech savvy. Other than the obvious decrease in file size, I don't know what benefit or drawbacks deleting the other stuff would have. I really appreciate you hanging in there and helping out with this though!

to nbdew002. you can delete the content folder which includes all the map data. then you can send us the other files in the IGO folder. this way it will be much smaller. the content subfolder conatins the maps etc, but these should be nesessary for the unit to work(obviously without maps) this way we probably might get the unit to work and then find another way to get the maps. i have the maps from another unit which probably i can try to share