AVIC411.com

Scion tC

I am gettin the 700 for Christmas and was going to do the install myself. I have installed other HU, but never a nav system like this. Just wondering if I will have many issues and if anyone has done the install on my car, if you had advice or pics for reference. Great site and I plan to continue using it once I get the unit even more. Great reference site for selling me on buying the unit and seeing the great community, always a plus! Thx in advance.

I installed my 2006 tC and it was pretty easy. I had a manual shift. Unscrewed shift handle, lift up lower console unplugging cord to cig lighter. Lift up top radio/air vent unit unplugging cord. Two screws and two hex nuts and the old unit is out. Really very easy. I ran the GPS under the glove box, up the side and inbetween the dashboard so it was mounted on the far right of the windshield. I put the microphone in front of the blue light for high beams clipped on the circular dial cover for speedometer, ran wire for mic on top of steering wheel into radio cavity.

The one thing I haven't done is hooked up the electric antenna. There's a 'power' wire in the back of the radio and it should hook into the harness. I can't find where, but I haven't spent a lot of time looking. Without it, you won't get AM.