AVIC411.com

F900bt Backup corrupt now can't boot unit.

Hello I just did the v2 update, had no problems for a week. All of a sudden the unit started rebooting. I booted up testmode, copied the APL2 folder to my SD card and to my PC. Tried redoing the update worked fine. Unfortunately my backup somehow ended being not FAT16, FAT32 but NTFS now it doesn't work. Does anyone have a copy of the original software for the F900bt?

I got the problem fixed. Went to a local radio shop where they had the unit on display. They were kind enough to let me copy the image from that unit into mine. Everything works fine now. I was a little dissapointed with pioneer support. They wanted me to uninstall the unit and send it in to them. Thank God for this site, I even asked them if they could just send me the standard factory image on a 2 gig flash card which I would be more than happy to pay for. No dice, everything works fine now....

yay!

they could replace the call center reps with one of those touch tone phone operators completely, is your unit having problems booting press 1, thank you for pressing button one, were sorry your unit wont boot, please uninstall the double din stereo from your car, and pray you have a replacement factory head unit avaiable to fill the space, as it will be having work done by us for several weeks. Drop shipping or advanced replacement, that would be way too nice of us. You are here for us not the othe way around ya know.

So feel free to ship the unit to us, and we will happily do what you asked to do yourself, for the simple cost of hours of your time, shipping fees, boxing the unit up and then waiting for a replacement unit followed by tearing out the now installed unit an dputting the replacement unit in.

Thank you for your time, labor and money. We hope this thousand dollar all in one navigation unit is worth it for you. Have a good day.

anyway point is, they are pretty clueless there, and their go to move is sned it to our repair center.

yeah for real. I was going to get charged $500 to take out and reinstall the unit not to mention driving around with a big hole in my console. It's amazing how little tech support actually knows about a product that's both made and supposedly supported by them. I'm really siked, saved lots of money and a huge headache. Also the installers at best buy who are now going to support this unit now know how it works and what to do. Avic411.com rocks! Pioneer should send their tech support to this site to know how to fix problems. What really sucks is that this whole problem happened when I was driving in d.c. with the gps on. How embarrasing car full of people laughing at a $1000 stereo cause it kept rebooting. I got my backup of the flash drive on the unit saved so I'm prepared for any other weird bugs.