AVIC411.com

Mine's Installed!

Took me all weekend, first ever radio install. I had the pleasure of running a wire directly over an airbag. I was scared the whole time that the thing was going to explode in my face, but I later found out it won't explode w/o the battery connected.

There are two tiny tabs on the OEM trim that a creating a little gap between the top of the sleeve and the OEM. This sleeve caused so many problems along the way it's unbelievable.

I'll really get to use it tomorrow, let you know how it goes.

I made my ipod cable come out from my center console, but ran the connections into the glove box. This way, if I want to use my inputs for something besides ipod, I have that ability.

e39m5

I'm installing the F90BT right now, and I actually wanted to run the gps antenna through the side air bags but decided not to mess w/it. Some people in the forums recommended not to fiddle and i was told there are clips that if I break, I would have to purchase new ones so I just ran the wire hidden next to the head unit.

I attempted to route the ipod cable to the center console but couldn't get the piece to come off on my Scion tC. Will try again though. Temporarily, I have the ipod cable in the glove box.