AVIC411.com

i just installed my 900BT and everything works fine. the only problem is that when i preset the radio and do the BSM, the next time i use the unit the presets are gone. even the AV1 setting. its quite annoying. i read in another post that the battery wire could be resetting the memory every time. i have the yellow battery wire hooked to the yellow wire on the radio harness, or do i need to wire it to another source?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I have the AVIC F-900BT system for 3 days now, installed by the car dealer (it was a special offer). It loses the audio, AV1 setting, and preset FM stations after power off.

But it does not lose all the settings. The lights colour setting is remembered, and the phone setting (the " Parrot" part) as well, and also the nav settings are remembered. So it would seem illogical that it's wired wrong.

I am using a European version and updated to the latest firmware version. The problem reamains though.

Am I doing something wrong (should I actively confirm the settings or something e.g.?), or is it another bug. Maybe still the wiring? Do more people have this problem? Is there a solution?

Sounds like you have an issue with the yellow wire, it needs to be hooked up to a source with constant power. If you have it hooked up, check it with a multi meter to insure it has power, if it doesn't make sure you're connected to the right wire, if you're sure you are, check your fuses.

Thank you. I sorted the problem. The dealer installed an in-between converter cable, to fit the system to the car electronics. Apparantly they were aware that they had to cross colours (I mean, yellow to red and red to yellow) in order to have constant power in the right place. But, they accidentily crossed it at the input of the converter and again at the output side. That way, cancelling out the first crossing of the wire. I undid it at one end, and now audio settings are remembered. problem fixed.

Still curious how this effects only part of the settings. Apparantly different settings are stored in different memory places. One memory needs continuous current, the other doesn't.