AVIC411.com

No sound/video frm iPod Touch

Hello all,

I did a search but didn't come up with anything relevant to my questions.

I just hooked everything up in my Subaru (F700BT) with a iPod harness to the USB. I can see a song playing in the background and I can search the iPod just fine, however no sound plays through. Also, there is one movie that also doesn't play. That is the big thing for me since I can put all of my music on a card or CD, the iPod is so my son can watch movies..uh humph, while stopped at rest areas.

Any ideas? I did set the settings, AV1 to iPod.

Chris

This issue has been solved many times in these forums. Search for it. You can't just use a USB IPOD cable. It has to be a docking cable that has the USB connection, two RCA audio connections, and a video connection. All of this must be connected for it to work correctly. You can get the correct cable from Pioneer or from Apple.

I appreciate the reply but I did search for a solution prior to posting.

With that said, the unit I have is from Pioneer, I believe a US123OV (or something along those lines). Everything was connected to the "short" wires on the unit with no video luck. I got the audio working but the video "option" is still grayed out on the actual Pioneer screen. I can't select video as an option.

I'll search again but any luck might be appreciated.