AVIC411.com

iPhone Voice Dial

My father has the AVIC-f700bt and was thinking about getting the iphone. Since the iphone does not have integrated voice commands, will it still work with the AVICs voice commands to say like CALL HOME or Call Work?

yes.. I have a 3G hooked up to the F700BT and I can voice dial just fine, it's just the middleman in the transaction, it uses a copy of the iphone's address book.

Diane

I guess you dont know the voice recognition is on the unit itself, its not using the phones.

Guess i could see why that would be confusing. But yeah it works fine, just make sure when trasferring hte phone book over from the iphone, you tell it to sort the contacts by first name, last nae which is not it by default. Also make sure no special characters etc are in the names.

i'm having some trouble getting my iphone 3g contacts to transfer over in the proper sort order. On the IPHONE itself i set the sort and display order to be first name last name and when i transfer them they always show up as last first name. i'm assuming that the way they appear on the screen is the way I need to say them for voice dial purposes. I also tried last name first name for the sort order but both transfers did the same thing.

i'm having some trouble getting my iphone 3g contacts to transfer over in the proper sort order. On the IPHONE itself i set the sort and display order to be first name last name and when i transfer them they always show up as last first name. i'm assuming that the way they appear on the screen is the way I need to say them for voice dial purposes. I also tried last name first name for the sort order but both transfers did the same thing.

Dunno what to say, it's a common problem, and the instructions in the forum say "change the display format on the iphone and retransfer, and the issue will be solved" and indeed, I was set up as "lastname, firstname" and they transferred that way, then I reset my iphone 3G to display "firstname, lastname" transferred again, and indeed they were all right in the F700BT.

I would triple check that they really are set to both first name and last name in the details down 3 levels in the contacts entry, just to be sure. I've seen people with their contacts in the iphone not separated into the 2 seperate fields, but having both the first name and last name on the same line.

Diane

thanks, not sure if this should make a difference, but my contacts are synced with MS Exchange server...i'll try keep trying.

EDIT: Third time was the charm to get them to appear in the proper order. I made sure that both the sort and display fields were first name last name. also the other change i made was that my exchange server had 3 different contact lists. i removed all but my main one since they were blank. Then i synced it and it worked.