AVIC411.com

itouch doesnt work properly

Vary rarely, I have the Ipod not recognized. I simply unplug it and plug it back in while the radio is on and it becomes recognized.

Also, just to be clear... you need to select the ipod as the AV1 selection.If neither of these are the issue, maybe a bad cable???

PS: I am running the 32gb Itouch with the same firmware on the ipod and the AVIC.

Same problem, ugh. My iPod Nano works fine, but it doesn't even recognize I plugged in an ipod when I hook up the Touch. It just shows USB greyed out, but it appears to charge my ipod. I've searched and don't see a solution, who should I contact? Pioneer?

e39m5

Have you tried a different usb cable? have you tried resetting the unit, via the tiny button by the eject? Have you tried turning the ipod touch off, that is holding the black side button the top till it says slide ot turn off, let it turn off, then turn it back on.

If it still doesn't recognize it, try another ipod, if that works, then you know its not the unit, if it doesn't work and you tried another cable, you know something is wrong with the unit. Just to rule out a problem with the usb cable on the unit (not the ipod adaptor cable) try plugging a thumb drive into it with music on it. If the unit recognizes it, then you know the usb is working fine, if that doesn't work then you know the main usb cable is bad. (not the ipod adaptor cable that plugs into it.

I am sure we would of heard a lot more complaints about ipod touch not working, it had major issues prior to the 2.0 update.

It never worked before correct? So all you can do is rule out what's wrong, the ipod cable, the ipod touch or the unit itself.

Try the apple a/v composite cable, available at any electronics store and even walmart.