AVIC411.com

Data.Zip question

1. Download the Testmode.zip file folder from:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

2. Use Winrar (people have reported problems with Winzip) and open up Testmode.zip

3. Extract BOTH Testmode and MiTACAP files to your desktop by highlighting the folders and clicking the "Extract To" tab on Winrar and selecting "Desktop".

4. Put both the Testmode and the MiTACAP files into the root of your SD card along with your data.zip.

5. Insert the SD card into your unit before turning it on.

6. Turn your car key to the ACC position. The Avic will come up with some strange screen. Let it load and then press the X in the upper right. Click My Device in the upper left of the desktop.

7. Click SD card and highlight your DATA.zip file. Click file (I think) and click copy. Click back to get back to My Device.

8. Now, click APL2 and then iGo. Look through the list. You will see a file called 'Data". Highlight that file, go to file & click paste.

9. X out of all screens after you have pasted the data.zip. Take your SD card out and hold the reset button for five seconds. Let your Avic boot up and you'll be good to go.

1. Download the Testmode.zip file folder from:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

2. Use Winrar (people have reported problems with Winzip) and open up Testmode.zip

3. Extract BOTH Testmode and MiTACAP files to your desktop by highlighting the folders and clicking the "Extract To" tab on Winrar and selecting "Desktop".

4. Put both the Testmode and the MiTACAP files into the root of your SD card along with your data.zip.

5. Insert the SD card into your unit before turning it on.

6. Turn your car key to the ACC position. The Avic will come up with some strange screen. Let it load and then press the X in the upper right. Click My Device in the upper left of the desktop.

7. Click SD card and highlight your DATA.zip file. Click file (I think) and click copy. Click back to get back to My Device.

8. Now, click APL2 and then iGo. Look through the list. You will see a file called 'Data". Highlight that file, go to file & click paste.

9. X out of all screens after you have pasted the data.zip. Take your SD card out and hold the reset button for five seconds. Let your Avic boot up and you'll be good to go.

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try in the morning.

• 1 month later...