AVIC411.com

Specs of fuse/resistor on reverse lead?

Avic newbie soon to install a 700 here:

My problem is I bought it second hand and am missing the reverse lead extension (and am too cheap to spend another ~$21.50 on a wire). Pioneer is a little dramatic about only using THIS lead to prevent fire and smoke and damage and the world ending...

Can anyone tell me about what's inline with this wire? Pioneer calls it a 'Fuse Resistor'. I'd like to replace that with a simple fuse AND resistor, but need some help. How much resistance across that lead and how much current does the unit draw on this lead? Anyone willing to check/measure?

1k being 1000 Ohms?

terron, thanks for the reply but if I had the lead to check for the code I wouldn't be bothering to wonder what the resistance is. Anyone to post up that code or a pic so I can get to the bottom of this? I'm sure I'm not going to be the only case where that extension lead stays with the previous car when the unit gets re-sold.

Was referring to the color code you just provided; many thanks that's what I wanted to know.

Hopefully that should have been BRN/BLK/RED/GLD for the 1k, but definitely close enough.

As for not being needed if you're referring to the connection I want the little arrow pointed the right way; might decide to try driving to work in reverse. If referring to the resistor, I'd have to suggest nothing is really ever needed if you want to break it down that far.