AVIC411.com

Problems after reflashing f90bt

Hi all: i recently bought a refurb f90bt and after it was installed it would work fine if i was parked but when i started to drive it would reboot every 20-60 seconds. Keep in mind that it has never worked properly. The installer said the unit was probably defective. So i'm trying to fix it w/o sending it back. I followed the steps in the forum to reflashing, including backing up my igo folder. The reflash seemed to work ok and i copied back the igo folder. After shutting off and turning the car back on, the system came up to the language questions but i could not click on english or samantha, i only could hit OK. In the settings screen the NAV settings and system settings options are not clickable, just grayed out. I was able to listen to radio/sirius and ride around the block and the system did not reboot itself. This was a first so I think I am making progress, i hope.

Some info that might help: During the deleting of files from the Flash Drive, the system would not allow me to delete a subfolder that was in the user folder(i think it was userdata, or system) the folder was full of files that just looked like garbage. I could not delete or rename these files. During one of my reboots into test mode, I was able to rename the folder and it is still sitting under the user folder.

any help would be greatly appreciated. I am dying to get this thing working properly.

I've seen some threads about constant rebooting problem. Please read them carefully.

I can't make much comment since I don't have the problem but one thing drew my attention. I have made the hardwire bypass to use my device when moving. And I've realised that although the system runs properly while driving it will gray out the Navi and system settings when moving but re-activates them when stopped for a red light for instance.

So the AVIC needs to be sure that your car is not moving to let you into these settings. Did you try them while not moving? If you did, are you using a hardwire bypass too. If yes then it should be the problem so check your wiring.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using any bypasses at this point, but now that you say it, would I need to pull up the parking break? I did not try that yet. I thought if I was just sitting in my driveway with the parking break off that everything should work, which it did before i reflashed.

I'm an installer and I had that problem with a f900bt. If the vehicle ws not moving the unit operated properly. However after driving for about aminute the unit would keep rebooting. I'm thinking that the application software in the unit was hacked and and they owner probably screwed up somewhere. Sure enough, I asked one of my buddies who had bypassed his unit with application software change. He renamed one of the files incorrectly and that what it did, it kept rebooting after the vehicle started moving a certain speed. So he corrected it and the unit works like a charm. I'm guessing your unit was hacked too, since it is a refurbished unit and Pioneer probably only bench tested it.

I've seen some threads about constant rebooting problem. Please read them carefully.

I can't make much comment since I don't have the problem but one thing drew my attention. I have made the hardwire bypass to use my device when moving. And I've realised that although the system runs properly while driving it will gray out the Navi and system settings when moving but re-activates them when stopped for a red light for instance.

So the AVIC needs to be sure that your car is not moving to let you into these settings. Did you try them while not moving? If you did, are you using a hardwire bypass too. If yes then it should be the problem so check your wiring.

Hope this helps.

If you did the Hardwire bypass correctly you should not have this problem.

Confirmed: needed to lift the parking brake up..duh..tomorrow i am going to take the wire going to the parking great and attach it to the chassis of the car. Hopefully that will ground it.

EDIT: Grounded wire to where the parking brake attaches to the frame and everything works as desired using the speed edit setting in pioneer.ini. I am now ovfficially a happy camper!! Thanks everyone for their help.