AVIC411.com

[quote name="silveradojeff"]lol i understand wanting to rush out and fix it .. i am in college and i skipped a day just to fix mine .. lol a man has to have his priorities!![/quote]

Haha. Right. How long did it take you to make those adjustments for the ILL and the BU camera? Fairly easy for you?
the dash trim just pops right off. you just put your parking brake on, put your shifter into the lowest gear you have, and pull the dash trim off. this takes about 5 seconds. the z1 or stock radio only has 3 screws holding it in and there 7mm heads. to pull the unit out takes about 1 minute. the headlight switch has to be pulled out by pushing in on the tabs on the bottom side of it. This takes about 30 seconds. so now youve been reading this post longer than it would take you to get to the ill wire. lol. its kinda late so i cant remember for certain but i think the ill wire is the bottom left one in that pic of mine. just touch the ill wire from the z1 to the pin and turn your lights on. BTW i had to make an extension for the ill wire. The z1 wire is short, expecting the ill wire to be near the stereo, but thats it i would say if i had to go outside right now and do it. I could do it in about 10 minutes. but i have done it before. i would say for you in less than 30 minutes youd be all set.
[quote name="silveradojeff"]the dash trim just pops right off. you just put your parking brake on, put your shifter into the lowest gear you have, and pull the dash trim off. this takes about 5 seconds. the z1 or stock radio only has 3 screws holding it in and there 7mm heads. to pull the unit out takes about 1 minute. the headlight switch has to be pulled out by pushing in on the tabs on the bottom side of it. This takes about 30 seconds. so now youve been reading this post longer than it would take you to get to the ill wire. lol. its kinda late so i cant remember for certain but i think the ill wire is the bottom left one in that pic of mine. just touch the ill wire from the z1 to the pin and turn your lights on. BTW i had to make an extension for the ill wire. The z1 wire is short, expecting the ill wire to be near the stereo, but thats it i would say if i had to go outside right now and do it. I could do it in about 10 minutes. but i have done it before. i would say for you in less than 30 minutes youd be all set.[/quote]

Ok, cool. I checked out your other thread and have it saved for quick ref. tmw. Since I need some extra wire, I'll wait till tmw to do this. lol. As much as I wanna do it now. I better not bite the bullet on this one. hehehe. I'll let you and the other fellas know what happened. And I'll get some pics as well so others with the Trailblazer SS have something to go off on. Thanks a bunch!
oh and just one more thing. someone pm'ed and said that there is also a reverse wire in the drivers side a pillar. its brown and it goes to the auto dimming mirror if you have one. when you put your truck in reverse it turns that greenish auto dimming off. so thats an option too but i dont have a pic of that .. but that a pillar piece just pops right off too. and it may be easier to get to that than to take off the knee plate.
[quote name="silveradojeff"]oh and just one more thing. someone pm'ed and said that there is also a reverse wire in the drivers side a pillar. its brown and it goes to the auto dimming mirror if you have one. when you put your truck in reverse it turns that greenish auto dimming off. so thats an option too but i dont have a pic of that .. but that a pillar piece just pops right off too. and it may be easier to get to that than to take off the knee plate.[/quote]

Hmmmm. Yeah, I have them. Are you talking about the rearview mirror that goes down in reverse? I think its call the "curb view"?
[quote name="silveradojeff"]im not talking about the outside side mirrors i was talking about the inside rear view mirror.

after talking about this now i want to go outside and install the rear view camera... my wife hates this website lol, i think she is jealous.[/quote]

LOL. Too funny. Your gonna get it now! Yeah, this site gets to me too. Its killing me that I'm not going out there to work on this. I will check in that pillar. Yeah, that should be alot easier to get to.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Just as an fyi the trailblazer dash is completely different than a truck. The drivers underdash must be removed first. Then there's 2 screws by the gauges and another screw by the cig plugs. After that the dash pops out and then some bolts holding the radio in.[/quote]

Yup, my installer said that. He has one of my others cars up there right now. And when he's done with that he's going to take my truck and hook it up the way that its suppose to be. Once I told him what you said, he totally understood and knew where you were talking about. So I think all will be well.

How did you come out? Did you hook your camera up? I know you said that you wanted to do it the other night. lol
as a matter of fact i did it yesterday. It came out good. ill post some pics soon as i get a chance, i just left the college and now im headed off to the job. no rest for me... but i took pics of where i drilled the hole and how it fit.. it really is pretty un-noticeable. I do think that i may either move it in the future of install a second camera down lower. I wanted the camera just to see right behind the bumber, and it does a great job of that, but now i kinda want to be able to see farther away... but then again, maybe i just want too much.
[quote name="silveradojeff"]as a matter of fact i did it yesterday. It came out good. ill post some pics soon as i get a chance, i just left the college and now im headed off to the job. no rest for me... but i took pics of where i drilled the hole and how it fit.. it really is pretty un-noticeable. I do think that i may either move it in the future of install a second camera down lower. I wanted the camera just to see right behind the bumber, and it does a great job of that, but now i kinda want to be able to see farther away... but then again, maybe i just want too much.[/quote]

Yeah, I hear ya there about wanting too much. lol. I got another camera for the Z1. I went with the license plate camera. I didnt like the one that it came with. It was a box and was just so noticable to see. The new one does a really good job and with the sun, I can actually SEE! lol.