AVIC411.com

Overall Reaction...f90bt

The hardware is nice, but the software completely fails at taking advantage of it.

If my unit is displaying a page with a scroll bar, the knob should function as a scroll wheel. Tapping the screen is obnoxious in these situations.

I haven't used the nav yet, but I will soon.

My ipod touch really needs to work.

Bluetooth seems fine.

I should be able to voice activate a specific radio station, or atleast scroll through radio stations.

Pioneer is crazy for releasing this unit in its condition, especially under the premier name. It clearly was not tested in a driving environment a desperately needs UI enhancements. A system like this should be intuitive and easy to use, but this is far from it.

e39m5

Pioneer is crazy for releasing this unit in its condition, especially under the premier name. It clearly was not tested in a driving environment a desperately needs UI enhancements. A system like this should be intuitive and easy to use, but this is far from it.

e39m5

I agree with this statement; the ui is not as clean and intuitive as it should be. As a programmer I understand that creating a working unit and then creating a clean interface can sometimes be very time consuming\expensive, but for a $600+ unit this shouldn't be a problem. Nevertheless it has been established that the Pioneer programmers are lazy and can't even get some things to work correctly, let alone look good. All we can hope for it a miracle at the Pioneer HQ or a programmer with a LOT of time comes by to fix these issues themselves.

The hardware is nice, but the software completely fails at taking advantage of it.

If my unit is displaying a page with a scroll bar, the knob should function as a scroll wheel. Tapping the screen is obnoxious in these situations.

Interesting comment, and I think you'd enjoy playing with something even more dreadful, check out a JVC-AVX44 unit on display somewhere, I traded mine for the BT700BT because the JVC was so awful to use. The panel has NO buttons, and the touch panel works like an ipod scroll wheel, but only, yes ONLY for volume, for everything else you have to scroll via the virtual up and down buttons on the head unit.

I get the impression at times that the UI Designers have never actually lived with the hardware they design. Pioneer has done far better then its competition.

Diane