AVIC411.com

Voice Control Not Working F900BT

Guys,

Im new to the forum and new to the Pioneer F900

I recently had this installed in my Focus ST and am having some issues.

Firstly...

The Voice Control doesnt seem to work... no matter what screen im on, when I press the volume button in, I just get a dull beep and nothing happens. Ive just updated to the new 2.0 firmware.

I dont know what the issue could be really, any ideas?

Secondly...

What is the latest version of the UK Maps?

Thanks

Yeah here is the feature list for that version : http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/1 ... specs.html

No where does it state voice recognition for ipod music or phone. My guess would be all or nothing, they certainly would have a difficult time supporting a ton of different languages, and given that area of the world, it would be a nightmare, but that is just a guess.

You should of read a little closer the feature set, granted I could see the confusion. Why would you remove an entire feature from the same model of stereo, depending on the version?

... and to make it worse... ive just looked on the link above... and as of the 17th December, if you buy a Pioneer F900BT you get a free iPod Touch!

I bought mine on the 10th...

Its a bit rubbish how in the UK the unit is probably more expensive with less features than the same model in the USA...

Not too impressed at the minute

Yeah and then what? Are we going to accept it silently or are we going to form a team from US and EU owners to go line by line in settings and make the mod to get it running on the EU models as well.

The hardware requirements for this feature are the same and we have it in our devices. Even the settings, images and dll files are there. If Pioneer stops it with a code (don't know why they have done it? It may be a language support issue but I can use an English VR rather than nothing) we can reinstate it.

That is only if you have the will and the time of course. :wink:

To start with we'd need a full backup from a US unit which has the VR function on. It is a bit of a large file around 1.6 GB but we wouldn't need any content files in Igo like maps, voices, 3d buildings etc and again the winimage files etc. If one of our friends uploads this content we can start organising ourselves and start digging.

Anyone?