AVIC411.com

yes i read that on the net today. my unit should be back in the store today or monday. once i get i'm not sending it out anywhere. 2 weeks without it and nothing was done with it. CC customer service sucks and they were completely useless. the installer i used at best buy to install my camera was much better than cc. he even fixed mistakes that cc made when i had my unit installed originally back in 2006.

well, my z1 finally came back from the CC warranty company. took it to best buy and them install it - works great. still cant play dvd's though.

my last resort is that i have contacted the warranty company directly to see if they can do anything to replace what i have w/ a z3. its a long shot but its worth a try.

• 2 months later...

It;s been a while but i wanted to give an update on this problem.

I decided not even to deal with the 3rd party warranty company that is handling all of the CC warranties.

I found a guy on eBay who will fix any problem with your Z unit - The company is called same day auto service and he's located in VA. For $100, i was able to get my dvd problem resolved. It turns out the lens was the problem and needed to be replaced. Just before sending the unit to him - whenever i hit the eject button to open/close the front panel - the front would not retract properly - so he was able to fix this as well. The guy who runs the place was great to communicate with - and the turn around time was 1-2 days. I shipped my unit to him on a monday, and had it sent back to me and in my hands on Friday of the same week.

here's the auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26ps%3D54

I would highly recommend this for anyone having trouble with cd/ dvd playback or anything else.