AVIC411.com

Ipod and F90BT?

I know this question has probablly been covered a million times but i'm looking for a quick answer. About to install the head unit and i see it came with an ipod cable that hooks up a USB behind the unit and has RCA cables attatched as well? Is this my Ipod cable or do I have to buy another? What is this one for if it is not my ipod cable. Thanks

What is the model of your head unit?

if it is the F90BT, then yes it is.

For my head unit (F90BT), you will need to have to have the RCA plugged into the back as well as the usb connection. The USB connection is just for control and retrieving track and album info. This is due to the DCM of the iPod.

I know this question has probablly been covered a million times but i'm looking for a quick answer. About to install the head unit and i see it came with an ipod cable that hooks up a USB behind the unit and has RCA cables attatched as well? Is this my Ipod cable or do I have to buy another? What is this one for if it is not my ipod cable. Thanks

yes, that's the ipod cable,

and hook up all 4 connections to the F90BT, 3 RCA and USB

and yes.. this was in both the manual and the quick install guide

what is the IP BUS cable for then? That is what I had on my D3. My dad bought the F70 and he got an ipod cable that plugs in there? Thanks for all the help

The IP BUS cable is for things like the HD, Sirius and XM tuners, in *this* series of units (the AVIC-F) the ipod does not need an IP BUS adapter, they connect via USB and RCA connectors.

Different setups for different model lines.