AVIC411.com

D3 Navigation gone Haywire! Disk problems sometimes too

Ok here's my deal:

I updated my D3 about 2 months ago and never really had any problems with the update, but starting a couple weeks ago I started getting the "Insert Appropriate Disk" error, and I got it a couple times, but some reason it fixed itself and seems to work fine (as of right now).

But now all of the sudden my navigation is just not working at all. It seems as if it is offline because the time that is synced with the satellite is showing "--:--". So when this happens, the arrow will be pointing in almost every direction but straight.

Also, when it does go back online (the time is back), it will try to reestablish its location, but when it does, it usually says that Im about 30 or so miles away from where I'm really at and wont recalibrate to my real location. Also, when I use "modify current location" it will work, but it will go offline again and Im back in the same boat i was before.

Another weird thing its doing, even when its synced with the satellite, the arrow would move on its own, when Im at a traffic light or parked, which throws me off my current location. Again, I modify the location to the right spot, but it will still move on its own when Im parked or at a stop light.

So my D3 navigation is pretty much useless at this point and I dont know where to start. Can anybody help? Thanks in advanced!

• 2 weeks later...

I was leaning towards a bad antenna connection until you said that it moves when you're stopped. Not sure what's up with your unit.

I haven't updated mine, nor do I plan to after hearing some of the horror stories. I don't use it (NAV) enough to gain anything with the update.