AVIC411.com

well it finally happend...

after owning my pioneer avic z1 since the first month it debut' this morning bad guys finally took it...

now i talked to a progressive policy person about what exactly my policy covers and their only gonna cover up to 1000$ worth of aftermarket stuff. and my deductible is half that...maaan this is gonna be a long day 2marrow the adjuster to get them to cover the whole price (since i hvae the recipt... or at least replace it with a refurbished z3) ill get pics up as soon as i figure how to take them off my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

What up Radd, sorry to hear about that. I have Progressive ins, and added another $Grand ontop of the $Grand that is included in the policy. I haven't dealt with them in regards to theft but they kick a$$ handling accident cases. I got in an accident a year ago @8am and they got my car towed and got me into a rental and at work by 10:30am.

after owning my pioneer avic z1 since the first month it debut' this morning bad guys finally took it...

well I'm feeling sowwy for you.. and this is why I don't have a dbl din yet. I've always wanted one since Z1.. but nah.. I want to keep my stuff. no matter if you have a garage or not.. they are other places; stores, movies, families house, outta town, a lot of places.

I had the JVC nx7000 on my other car and I loved it... It probably wasn't as fast as the Z3.. it sometimes lagged a lil. and also I did not like the audio settings options on there. I'm used to the way pioneer has their settings. But because it had a removable face, I bought it. and now I'm comfortable with it. and if pioneer doesn't get a removable face for the Z4, .looks like ill be buying another nx7000. .. too bad because this car has pioneer from fronts to back.

You make it sound like you were expecting it...???

ummm.. if you have something nice and it comes out of your house expect for someone to try to steal or steal it. its a part of life. especially when u have something like a dbl din screen.. so even on my deq9200 and 690ub, I expect for someone to try to take it.. but as long as they expect a 12 gage to come out.. we have a great understanding.

Mine just got stolen again for the second time. In my driveway with my flood lights on my house on. I got it back the first time it got stolen, they caught the guy later that night. I suspect I will not be that luck this time. It falls back on me for not locking my doors again. I have an F350 extended cab long bed that won't fit in the garage so I have to park on the driveway. I am always in and out and just forgot to make sure it was locked.

Nothing like that sick feeling when you open you door and see your wires hanging down. What is weird is my alarm went off last time when they disconnected the power, I gues if it did i did not hear it this time. I live in a nice neighborhood with good patrols by the police. I think this next time I am going to mount in differently, build some kind of bracket that makes it more time consuming to try and take out. But then you run the risk of them damaging stuff further and bashing your crap anyway. You can't win.

Just a word of caution , with the economy the way it is the police officer told me that this is getting really common across the country. Write your serial numbers down so they can input them in the national data base if they are stolen. Car alarms don't really do much other than make noise. These guys are so good they can get it out in less than a minute. If my doors were locked I am sure they might have just gone on. I will probably buy a referb off of ebay to replace it.