AVIC411.com

Ipod Album Artwork..

Almost without exception, my album art on my Mac looks great. There is the odd one or two albums that I cannot find a decent image for, and those a re a lot more pixelated.

That said, they ALL look pretty lousy on the F90. A lot worse than they do at what ever size I could see them on the Mac itself.

I am of the opinion that it something to do with the way the software of the F90 is "reading" those files. The reason I say this is because the image I used for my Splashscreen looks great. All the art files for the iPod, not anywhere near as good.

Do I wish they looked better? Yep. I just don't have the knowledge to fix it at this point. Something is better than nothing at this point, I guess.

My OEM head unit sure didn't show album art! :D

Cheers,

Kev

When you say Classic Ipod what are your refearing to, 1st gen Ipods, or what? Because I have tried,

Old 2gb Ipod Nano..

1st gen ipod touch..

1st gen iphone..

Brand new Iphone 3g..

Brand new ipod touch..

and the art work is crappy with all of them.

So I was just wondering what "classic meant" how old do I have to go?

classic = ipods with hard drives, and all older then the units you list that are solid state.

If you notice.. all but one of your units is based around the new "touch interface" that I suspect is the more likely to hand out bad art.

Also pay attention that I said any unit, no matter what age, has the potential to show bad art if that's all it has, and you'd never know it on the ipod screen itself since they're so small.

Diane