AVIC411.com

Mitsubishi Magna/Dimante Install (F900BT)

Hi All. not sure this is the right forum location for this but as i had a (bugga) of a time trying to get this info I figure there might be some fellows out there with the same pain at some time.

For a Mitsubishi Magna(Australia) Diamante(US) installation of the F900BT is pretty easy (when you have the info as always). All the standard cables required are on the standard headunit loom as below. The only issues being the VSS, Reverse(+12v) and the Handbrake (Pre Earth).

Here are the cable colours for the standard head unit.

Yell/blue (rear L spk +)

Grey/blue (rear L spk -)

White/blue (door L spk +)

Blk/blue (door L spk -)

Yell/red (rear R spk +)

Grey/red (rear R spk -)

White/red (door R spk +)

Blk/red (door R spk -)

Pink (Ant Sig)

Green/White (Lights/Illum)

Blue[Thick] (Acc +12v)

Red/blk[Thick] (Batt +12v)

The handbrake I had to get off the handbrake switch cable itself. you have to take out the whole centre console to get to that (6 Screws but not too dificult).

The good news is that both the VSS and Reverse +12v are on connector B41 which sits just below the radio / A/C looms and just above the transmission. It is amoungst a nest with 2 other connectors(in my Magna) all mounted flush and pointing upright. It's a 22 Pin connector (The only 22 pin conector there [10 on top row 12 on bottom]).

B41 Pin 7 is a White/Blue wire and that is the VSS going to the Cruise Ctrl.

B41 Pin 14 is a Red/Blue wire and that is +12v Reverse. (Verify this with a Volt Metre in reverse)

To verify B41 Pin7 (White/Blue)check that it runs to pin 14 of the Diagnostic Datalink Connector (B37) in the drivers footwell.

The other tip I can give (the one that helped me) is that there is no difference in wiring (In all the curcuit diagrams I have checked) with any Magna post 2002 up until 2005. So if you can get your hands on a 2001/02 Magna/Verada/Diamante Workshop manual in PDF format and check out the "Chassis Electrical" Circuit diagrams you will have all the info you need.

If you want a tip on how to get into the Head Unit console here it is.

1. Remove the Transmission/Power Windows console cover. Lift upward from the centre, its clipped on. Be careful not to snap it and be careful with the Pwr/Windows cable. It has two large tongue slots at the front and one smaller one at the back that will release first.

2. now you can remove the lower storage unit (under the radio and A/C console) by pulling straight outward. You have to pull really hard as the clips are tight. So you need to be very careful not to break/snap/scratch or wack it against anything. This is the hardest bit but has no connectors.

3. Finally pull out the main head unit / A/C console cover by carefully pulling forward. hold it at the top above the clock and at the bottom. Again its just clipped on but when it lets go it lets go. Carefully unplug the air sensor tube & cable, A/C Cables and Hazard light Cable.

Youre in.

All this info I was able to gain from the Internet. bless it. It worked on my 2005 Magna LS AWD. So should work on the Diamante and Verada(lux) as well but I cannot guarantee it.

Feel free to PM me if you want further info.