AVIC411.com

Did I just brick my N1? Just attempted bypass

OK, so I just did the solder bypass but now the screen doesn't move and the screen and front display doesn't light up. The buttons light up and the fan starts, but nothing else happens. Pressing the eject button seems to work (no disc in player, but I can hear the motor).

I can't say for sure if those damned zif connectors for the screen are completely inserted, I'm having one hell of a time with them. They appear to be inserted as far as possible, but they don't seem to be completely straight. If I even breath in their direction they pull back out. This unit does have the upgraded flex cable since it was sent in to have the DVD drive repaired about a year ago...

I've double checked the bypass solder and it's clean with no stray connections and nothing appears to be burned. I used the lowest setting on my iron that would still melt the solder.

Did I screw something up permanently or is there a trick to those zif connectors that I'm not doing?