AVIC411.com

Install on 07 Tahoe/Suburban

For those of you that have a Z1 in your 07 Tahoe/Suburban, did you have to cut out some plastic behind where the old stock radio was? I was just finishing up the install and realized that it was about 3/8" too deep for the din. Looks like there are two pieces of plastic running along the back that I could dremel out to afford about 1/2" of additional space. Just wondering what others have done. Any advise?

Other than that, the install went smoothly. Ducati's bypass worked flawlessly. Finding the vss wire was a bit time consuming, but worked out. I'll post pics this weekend.

Thanks
Thanks for the replies. I got the plastic cut and and she fits like a glove. It's really tight back there with all the wires and such though. Anyway i only have two problems that I'm hoping someone who reads this will have some answers to. First the Antenna

I realized on day 1 of the install that I needed a GM antenna adapter to universal radio. Well i went to BB and got one. Tonight I tried to install but that's not the right one either. I called crutchfield and they indicate that it is a chrysler one that I need. I am so confused on that. Anyone have any experience on what adapter I need for the radio antenna?

Second... I can't get my turn signals to click. I got the Gm-Lan-O1 from JP Customs. On the instructions it describes hookin up an SPDT relay to two wires to get the desired clicking sound. I followed the instructions.. but no clicking. Anyone done this? Thanks yall for the help!

R/
Ok the antenna adaptor you will need is a 40-cr10 yes it is a chrysler adaptor. Why tthey switched I couldn't tell you, what I can tell you though is new fords are doing the same thing. So the big 3 finally agreed on something as far as car audio goes.....

So your second question though I can't really say since I haven't dealt with the item you're talking about.