AVIC411.com

Which reciever should i get

Hey guys, been lurking for a few days and doing some research on the pioneer units. My wife just got a 2008 odyssey and we went with no nav or dvd because i wanted one of these units aftermarket. Here is what i want to do with it , can someone tell me which unit Z's or F's would fit my bill better? Basic Navigation, 2-4 Headrest monitors fed from either this unit or dual 1/2 din DVD players installed elsewhere. Bluetooth phone integration. I guess my main question is about the monitors . Can i feed 4 monitors from this DVD and have it playing while moving? what types of video out ports are on these units? What does the Dual Zone mean on the Z's. Thanks for any help.

happy new year.

whip

You'd be better served with a Z unit since they can do zoning; ie; play videos on the monitors while listening to music/navi in the front seat. The bluetooth with a Z requires a seperate module.

The F series will play DVDs (F900 and F90) but whatever is on the screen is what will be on your headrest monitors.

You can also look into getting the Kenwood DNX8120.. it has builtin bluetooth and zoning; imo its a better unit than the Z or the F series; but it has NO customization like the F series.

EDIT: You'll need a mobile video amplifier for that many monitors

http://www.diguniverse.com/MOBILE-AV/12 ... VA141.html

So should i consider the cheaper bt500 and instead get headrest monitors with built in DVD playsers? any other differences in the bt500 and the 900 besides the DVD Player? does it do the IPOD interface the same?

if money isnt an option then you can get just a nav unit in the front, like an F700, and then get a seperate DVD player in the rear, or get the headrest monitors with DVD players.. that option will cost a fortune though ;)