AVIC411.com

Weird post install scare, no illumination or gps signal

During my install of the SWI-PS I had some issues...

When I powered it up, none of my buttons lit up. Then illimuniation was non-functional and my gps had no signal strength.

So.... I ripped the entire dash apart thinking I forgot to install my antenna cable, and maybe damaged my illumination wire....

This is what is was, my illumunation color was set to memory 2, and apparently when the power is off this unit, it must clear out some settings, and it decided to leave it set to memory 2 but it had no color. As soon as I selected another color the lights came back on. Whew, though I was screwed,

Then the issue of the illumination mode, the unit seemed to completely ignore the illumination switch, though it worked before, I tested everything and it was fine, sure enough when I went through the settings, I noticed that brightness was set to 0 and as soon as I bumped it up, and tried to put the lights on everything dimmed like it should.

Also the gps signal came back slowly but after driving for a few minutes everything was fine again.

Many settings remained where I had them before, but thee definitely lost theirs and I thought that I damagfed the unit.

If this happens to you, maybe my post will help save you think you have a dead or bad unit.