AVIC411.com

Shaker 1000 install.

I just finished looking at the searchable threads and came up with nothing, so here I am.

I've got an 05 Mustang that had a Shaker 500 sound system in it. The car now has a Z1 in it with the factory 8" subs and 5x8's in the door, along with Kicker 5x8's in the rear deck.

I just picked up a shaker 1000 sub setup, along with the amps, and I'm curious as to what it'll take to hook these up.

If anyone has some information or a source for the wiring I need to work out, I'd like to hook them up asap.

Thanks in advance and happy new year. :)

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

You shouldnt have wasted your money on the Shaker 1000 subs.They are a waste of money.I pulled mine out. You will get more bass from your system if you put your door subs on a better amp.My door subs hit harder then the 10 in the trunk.

Check for the wiring in the right corner of your trunk.

• 2 weeks later...

you need to get an inline converter it is installed inline with your rear speakers and will not rob them of any power, the other end has RCA jacks to be plugged into the input of the amp for the rear subs. I had one with my shaker 500with a 600watt jbl amp & two 10" Jbl subs one ported and one not. The sounded great. Now I have the z3 and have the subs run right from the rca out from the reciever, that way I can control the level and frequency also a great sounding setup. You can get an inline converter from any car stereo shop or Best Buy.