AVIC411.com

DB Circuit/Grounding Parking Break

Okay, well, I had my installer put in the DB Circuit and hook-up the ILL Wire for the illumination to work in my 06 Mustang, but... One problem.

I occasionally will get that Parking Break Incorrectly Installed Message, and I am not sure if it is because (I am guessing) the parking break was grounded or for whatever other reason.

If I reset the unit, it will work for a while without giving me that warning message, but eventually it will come back. Its pretty sporadic.

Anyone had a similar experience or problem like that? Would appreciate any info on how to fix that problem. Thanks.
just posted a similar one...
The reason i think is that you parking brake wire is grounded, so when vehicle is moving the systems sees the barking brake on while vehicle is in motion which does not make sens so it sends the Warning.
Same for me, when I reset the unit, Warning goes away but eventually comes back...
You have to leave the parking brake wire disconnected (just tape it off).
BTW, i think the manual light flashing and/or the DB circuit will not work if the parking brake wire is permanently grounded.

I have to go back to my shop to ask them to disconnect it from the ground...