AVIC411.com

How to tell if you have Ver. 2?

From the instructions:

HOW TO DETERMINE IF THE FIRMWARE UPDATE HAS ALREADY BEEN INSTALLED:

To determine if the new firmware update has already been installed on an AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, AVIC-F700BT, or AVIC-F7010BT, please power on the system and do the following:

1. Press the "Menu" button; then touch the "Settings" tab;

2. Touch the "System Settings" tab; then touch the "Service Information" tab;

3. The "Map version" number and the "Version" number are both displayed -- please look at the "Version" number, which is displayed on the lower line; and

4. If the "Version" number is "1.001900" or an earlier/smaller number, please install the new firmware update. If the "Version" number is "2.000000" or a later/larger number, the system has already been updated with the new firmware.

You can also look at the box, all existing AVIC-F Series inventory that has been updated with the new firmware by Pioneer will have an orange dot on the product box (next to the serial number) and on the back of the unit itself (next to the serial number).

You can also look at the box, all existing AVIC-F Series inventory that has been updated with the new firmware by Pioneer will have an orange dot on the product box (next to the serial number) and on the back of the unit itself (next to the serial number).

Thats the answer I was looking for :D Thanks

Had my unit turn up yesterday, AVIC-F900BT, European Spec.

Manufactured date was June 2008 and the box has an Orange dot by the serial number.

Hopefully it will have the latest firmware by the look of things, but i'll do a check when its installed.