AVIC411.com

getting ready to install f-90bt in 03 chevy avalanche

Hey guys Im new to the form, Jus ordered the f-90bt!! and cant wait to get it! I just have couple questions for the install. I just want to get everything ready to go when it comes in! I am installing the adapter for the bose/onstar

1.now for the bypass for the nav/dvd all i need to do is switch the mute pin out and relocate it right? and ground the parking break wire?

2.now whats the deal with the illumination wire? do i need to hook it up? whats it mainly used for?

3.last but not least do i have to do anything with the vss wire?

thanks guys any info will much appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

I installed mine in an 02 avalanche and it was easy. You do need the ilumination wire otherwise the screen will be very bright at night. And the vss wire was also hooked up but i dont remember which wire i hooked it to. There is a "speed volume" wire on the wiring harness i used. There are diagrams on the web to find it.

1.now for the bypass for the nav/dvd all i need to do is switch the mute pin out and relocate it right? and ground the parking break wire?

2.now whats the deal with the illumination wire? do i need to hook it up? whats it mainly used for?

3.last but not least do i have to do anything with the vss wire?

thanks guys any info will much appreciated

1. Almost. You also have to ground out the mute wire in it's new location. 1 up and over 4, between the 2 black wires.

2. Illumination wire will dim the unit when the parking lights/ headlights are turned on so the unit is not so blindingly bright at night.

3. You don't HAVE TO, but hooking it up will give you a much more accurate reading. Also when you lose GPS signal ie entering a tunnel, the unit relies on the VSS wire to continue accurate readings.