AVIC411.com

IPOD A/V interface

I'm currently using the CD-IB100II iPod ADAPTOR and it works quite well (besides the quite slow scrolling/browsing, but with smart playlists, it is quite decent).

I was thinkin about adding the A/V connection from either the docking connector or the headset connector on the IPOD to the RCA AUX input in the back of the Z1 (cable will run into the glove compartment).

Has anyone used it?
I was wondering how the pictures would show on the screen: does it fill up the screen? is the display adjustable like a DVD (full, zoom,...).

Thanks!
I use mine all the time, The screen size is standard wide screen format meaning you will have black bars at the top and bottom on anything downloaded in widescreen which most are nowadays. Check Ipod settings but also make sure the aux output on the z1 is turned on this is done in the av settings menu, I had no signal as well till I found that little button hiding in there.
Somebody did make one. Clarion has one for their new 2DIN head unit. I was seriously considering it, except that it doesn't appear to be released yet. Plus, Circuit City doesn't carry Clarion and I couldn't get my sweet deal ;)

I truly hope Pioneer follows suit and makes a cable/adapter for video from the ipod.
  • 3 weeks later...