AVIC411.com

Hack Reguest: Remap buttons

Is it possible to remap buttons?

My desire is to have another way to activate the voice commands. Pushing the volume button and actually activating the voice command has about a 60% accuracy rate for me. I end up zooming in or out on the map or changing the radio station. Maybe it's just my fat fingers, but it does drive me crazy.

What I would LOVE to see:

Remap one of the functions that are controlled through the steering wheel controller (PAC SWI-PS in my case).

I would gladly give up the band, source, or mute button to make it a steering wheel controlled voice command activation button.

I'm sure that is not an easy task, if even possible. So....

What I would LIKE to see:

Add a digital button on the upper left corner of the map screen to activate the voice commands. It would only need to be present on the map screen. My screen stays on navigation 99% of the time. If I'm not in the navigation screen, I am usually adjusting something.

Is any of this even possible?

If so, anybody willing to take a shot at it? I would love to be able to look into this myself, but I am a fish outta water when it comes to programming. My computer skills don't span out much further than internet use.

Whatcha think?

I would love that!

I'd give up the steering wheel 'source' switch button for a voice command button!

...but I personally don't know how to do it...

Please!! Someone!!

If not just how to add a voice command button on the screen because clicking that button in is annoying!